Indeed Convey takes a simplified approach to property conveyancing, and our focus is to deliver exceptional and tailored customer service, free of legal jargon – put simply, we will guide you through the conveyancing process every step of the way.
We understand it takes time to find your dream property and you may require us to review several contracts before you find the right one. That’s why Indeed offers a 24-hour turn around with all pre-purchase reports, and we are happy to review as many contracts as it takes for you to be successful.
When you have found the property you wish to buy we will:
- Review the contract and provide you with useful feedback
- Request changes to the contract if necessary
- Work with your mortgage broker and or bank and real estate agent
- Keep you informed and answer any questions on the progress of your purchase
- Work with your lender to make sure all their requirements are met in time for settlement
When your purchase is ready for settlement we will:
- Prepare a settlement adjustment statement which includes the balance of monies owing to the seller. This takes into consideration pro rata adjustments of council rates, water rates, land tax and strata levies (if applicable)
- Prompt you to organise a final inspection of the property. A final inspection is done prior to settlement to make sure the property is in the same condition, state and repair as it was the first time you inspected it (just before contracts were exchanged)
- Attend settlement on your behalf (you are not required to attend settlement)
- Advise relevant authorities regarding change of ownership